Directions 11 steps | 27 Minutes
Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a double boiler, melt the butter completely. Add the chocolate and stir until fully integrated. Remove from the heat.
In a large bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, cake flour, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt.
Add the slightly beaten eggs to the melted chocolate mix. Stir until combined.
Pour the melted chocolate mixture into the flour mixture. Mix with a spatula to fully integrate into the batter.
Line a twenty-four mini cupcake pan with one-ounce liners. Use a spoon to fill the cupcake liners. Each cup should be about eighty percent full.
Bake for 12 minutes. Let them cool completely before covering them with the chocolate ganache.
While the brownies bake and cool, prepare the chocolate ganache. Warm up the heavy cream just until simmering. Remove from the heat and add the chocolate to the hot cream.
Stir constantly for about five minutes or until the chocolate is fully dissolved and the ganache is completely combined.
Let the ganache cool completely and transfer into a piping bag with your favorite medium size nozzle. (See notes 1-3.)
Once the brownies have cooled down and the ganache is thick enough for piping, pipe or spoon every brownie with ganache. Place the brownie bites in the fridge to get a truffle-like consistency or enjoy at room temperature for a fudgy texture. (See notes 4-5.)
Serve and enjoy!
- You can skip the piping bag and just spoon the ganache on top of the brownie bites once the ganache has thickened enough to hold its shape.
- The ganache will thicken after being in the fridge for about 45 minutes. For best results, stir the ganache once or twice while it is cooling and check for the right consistency.
- The ganache will become more firm as it cools down, so pipe it while it is still soft.
- I love these mini brownies cold and topped with a raspberry or a cherry.
- You can further decorate them with cocoa powder, nuts, white chocolate beads or other sprinkles.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT?
Leave a review or join the conversation.
21 Nov 2022
I love this recipe for Brownie Bites. It is dense, moist, and delicious. Heaven in a bite.Reply to this comment