Directions 7 steps | 35 Minutes
Measure and prep all ingredients.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the chopped onions and sauté until turns light brown in color.
Turn the heat to low and add the tomato paste or chopped tomato, ginger and garlic paste. Sauté for another 2 minutes.
Add the coriander-cumin powder, garam masala, chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Stir until well combined.
Add the chopped potatoes, green peas and water. Stir until well combined.
Increase the heat to medium-high and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the curry thickens and the potatoes turn soft but not mushy. If the potatoes are not cooked and the curry is drying up, add a little more water.
Garnish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve. Enjoy!
- 3 medium-sized russet potatoes will give approximately 2 cups of diced potatoes.
- 1½ medium-sized onion will give approximately 1 cup of finely chopped onion.
- You can substitute 1 cup finely chopped fresh tomato for the tomato paste.
- 1 large tomato will give approximately 1 cup of finely chopped tomato.
- You can add ½ teaspoon coriander powder and ½ teaspoon cumin powder if adding the spices separately.