Directions 7 steps | 30 Minutes
To roast in the oven, preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Wash and dry the poblano peppers. Make sure the peppers are firm and free of bruises and soft spots.
Slice off the stem and slice the poblano pepper lengthwise. Remove the seeds.
Place the peppers, skin side up on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake, rotating the pan halfway, for 20-30 minutes or until the skin is blackened and blistered
Remove the peppers from the oven and immediately place them under a bowl. Let the peppers steam and soften for about 5-7 minutes. (See notes 1.)
Remove the bowl and rub off the blacked skin.
Use as desired. Enjoy! (See Notes 2 for the stovetop method.)
- Flipping a bowl over the roasted peppers steams them without using plastic wrap. If you do not have a bowl large enough to cover the peppers, you can place the peppers in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap to steam.
- To roast over an open flame:
- Wash and dry the poblano peppers. Make sure the peppers are firm and free of bruises and soft spots.
- Turn the heat on a gas stovetop to high. Using a pair of metal tongs, place the poblano peppers directly over the flame.
- Flip the peppers occasionally until the entire pepper is blackened and blistered.
- Place the blackened peppers on a cutting board and cover it with a bowl. Let it steam and soften for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the bowl and rub off the blackened skin. Remove the stem, cut along the side and discard the seeds.
- Use as desired. Enjoy!
FOOD FOR THOUGHT?
Leave a review or join the conversation.
12 Jul 2022
Very easy to make at home. It has full of flavors and this is perfect addition to your sandwiches.Reply to this comment
Cozymeal Team Member
11 Jul 2022
I love this method and the tip on how flipping the bowl over steams them without using plastic!Reply to this comment