Directions 6 steps | 70 Minutes
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in the onion and sauté until soft.
Add ½ cup of arborio rice and sauté for about 3-4 minutes.
Pour in one cup of the fish stock and stir until it is absorbed into the rice. Repeat this process slowly until all of the rice and fish stock has been incorporated.
Stir in the white wine and Parmesan cheese. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the white wine has been absorbed and a creamy consistency has been reached. It is important to keep stirring so the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
Stir in the lobster meat, parsley, chives and paprika. Season to taste.
Serve hot. Enjoy!
- To prepare the lobster meat with a fresh live lobster:
- Bring the large stockpot of water to a boil and plunge the live lobsters in headfirst.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook the lobsters for about 12-15 minutes. They will be bright red.
- Remove them from the water with tongs.
- Use nutcrackers or lobster crackers to open the shells and get lobster's tail and claw meat to use in the lobster risotto.
- Looking for more risotto recipes? Check out:
FOOD FOR THOUGHT?
Leave a review or join the conversation.
05 Oct 2022
Took a while to make, but the result was worth the efforts. This lobster risotto made jaws drop when we brought it out to the dinner table on a special occasion.Reply to this comment