Directions 9 steps | 60 Minutes
Measure and prep all ingredients.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the toasted almonds in a pattern on the parchment paper.
Chop the dark chocolate into very small pieces. Reserve a handful of chopped chocolate for later use.
Prepare a double boiler by setting a stainless-steel bowl over a small pot of simmering water. Place the chopped chocolate over the stainless-steel bowl.
Gently stir while melting the chocolate, until it reaches 115°F (45°C) on a candy or digital thermometer. While the chocolate melts, prepare a bowl of ice water.
Once the melted chocolate reaches 115°F (45°C), remove the bowl from the heat. Sprinkle the reserved chocolate into the melted chocolate and stir.
Heat the chocolate again by placing the chocolate bowl back over the warm water for 30 seconds to 1 minute at a time. Once its temperature rises to 90°F (34°C), the chocolate is ready to use.
Pour the tempered dark chocolate over the toasted almonds. Transfer the sheet pan to the refrigerator until firm.
Break into pieces and enjoy!
- High-quality chocolate is essential for delicious chocolate almond bark. Use high-quality brands such as brand such as Lindt or TCHO.
- For a simpler (untempered) version of chocolate almond bark:
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and place the chopped almonds.
- Melt the chocolate in the method of your choice and pour the melted chocolate over the almonds.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator until serving. Serve cold.
- Untempered chocolate will not be as snappy or shiny as tempered chocolate, but it will taste very good. :)
FOOD FOR THOUGHT?
Leave a review or join the conversation.
03 Oct 2022
Ooooh this would be so easy and cute to make for holiday gifts!Reply to this comment