101 Inspirational Teamwork Quotes to Boost Morale
Teamwork quotes can inspire and encourage when office morale needs a little pick-me-up. In times of uncertainty, it’s more important than ever to lift each other up and surround ourselves with people and resources that make us feel supported. For some, that means looking to motivational teamwork quotes to inspire and encourage.
Teamwork quotes are a great way to remind workers to remain positive, look ahead and open themselves to the help of others. If you are searching for teamwork quotes to motivate your crew, there are plenty below perfect for every situation. From stronger together quotes to leadership quotes to quotes from chefs who have been leading team building activities for thousands of small and large companies, there are motivational quotes for employees of all kinds.
Jump to Section
- Easy Ways to Build Teamwork
- Motivational Quotes for Employees
- Leadership Quotes
- Motivational Quotes for Teamwork
- Inspirational Team Quotes
- Creativity Teamwork Quotes
- Communication Quotes
- Positivity Teamwork Quotes
Easy Ways to Build Teamwork
To truly inspire and motivate your team, why not share some teamwork quotes in conjunction with routine team building activities or virtual team building activities for remote workers? These fun, engaging and immersive experiences go a long way in helping boost problem-solving, communication and conflict resolution skills that help teams thrive.
You'll find culinary-inspired team building activities in Atlanta, team building activities in Las Vegas and more cities. Browse all team building activities near you today, or go the virtual route with online team building activities that cover cooking classes, wine tastings, mixology and more!
Motivational Quotes for Employees
If you want to encourage your employees, these teamwork quotes are a sure way to help. They are perfect for motivating your team, helping them overcome failures and strive towards success. Whether you are trying to motivate a small group or a large one, these teamwork quotes can provide the direction and support they need.
1. “Never discourage anyone who makes progress, no matter how slow.” - Chef Lisa
2. “It doesn’t matter how slow you go as long as you don’t stop.” - Confucius
3. “When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.” - Banksy
4. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill
5. “A champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.” - Serena Williams
6. “One day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to do the things you’ve always wanted. Do it now.” - Paolo Coelho
7. “Never stop doing your best just because someone doesn’t give you credit.” - Kamari aka Lyrikal
8. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” - Anne Frank
9. “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” - Dwayne Johnson
10. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” - Will Rogers
11. “Don’t worry about failures, worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” - Jack Canfield
12. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” - Arthur Ashe
13. “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” - Truman Capote
14. “Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” - Dale Carnegie
Inspirational quotes are not just beneficial for employees but also for leaders. In order to be a good leader, one must be able to boost morale, listen, collaborate and empower, as these teamwork quotes confirm. If you’re searching for the perfect teamwork quotes for the leaders in your life, these are a great place to start.
15. “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” - Warren Bennis
16. “With the right kind of coaching and determination, you can accomplish anything.” - Reese Witherspoon
17. “The speed of the boss is the speed of the team.” - Lee Iacocca
18. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” – Warren Buffett
19. “As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.” - Bill Gates
20. “Leadership is something you earn, something you’re chosen for. You can’t come in yelling, ‘I’m your leader!’ If it happens, it’s because the other guys respect you.” - Ben Roethlisberger
21. “A person always doing his or her best becomes a natural leader, just by example.” - Joe DiMaggio
22. “If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” - Booker T. Washington
23. "It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed." - Napoleon Hill
24. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
25. “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.” - Martin Luther King Jr.
26. “Education is the mother of leadership.” - Wendell Willkie
27. “What you do has far greater impact than what you say.” - Stephen Covey
28. “There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group; there is less competition there.” - Indira Gandhi
29. “Of all the things I’ve done, the most vital is coordinating those who work with me and aiming their efforts at a certain goal.” - Walt Disney
Motivational Quotes for Teamwork
The best thing about teamwork quotes is that there are so many different ones to suit every situation. These teamwork quotes are ideal for those who want to motivate their team to collaborate. Coming together quotes are a great way to remind your team of the power that comes with a shared vision and collaboration.
30. “Cooking together creates collaboration, innovation, flexibility and empowerment.” - Chef Joni
31. "Team building is about empowering the people around you to rise to the leadership of their expertise." - Chef Craig
32. "Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much." - Helen Keller
33. “If you can laugh together, you can work together.” - Robert Orben
34. "Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life." - Amy Poehler
35. "It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit." - Harry Truman
36. “Great things in business are never done by one person. They're done by a team of people.” - Steve Jobs
37. “Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand.” - Emily Kimbrough
38. "None of us is as smart as all of us." - Ken Blanchard
39. “It is the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) that those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed.” - Charles Darwin
40. “Individual commitment to a group effort — that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” - Vince Lombardi
41. “Many hands make light work.” - John Heywood
42. "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed. It is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead
43. "A strong team can take any crazy vision and turn it into reality." - John Carmack
Inspirational Team Quotes
If you want to inspire your friends, colleagues, students or partners, look no further than these team motivational quotes. These teamwork quotes will remind your team not to give up hope in the face of adversity and provide them with the confidence that they can achieve their goals. If you want your team to do great things, share these team quotes with them.
44. “Never give up, even when you are in the weeds.” - Chef Robert
45. “Motivation comes from working on things we care about.” - Sheryl Sandberg
46. “The only difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.” - Jimmy Johnson
47. “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” - Aristotle
48. “Believe you can and you're halfway there.” - Theodore Roosevelt
49. “The best way out is always through.” - Robert Frost
50. “Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” - Vincent Van Gogh
51. “The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It’s what you’re made of. Not the circumstances.” - Unknown
52. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” - Nelson Mandela
53. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” - Anthony J. D’Angelo
54. "Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs." - Malcolm Forbes
55. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” - Amelia Earhart
56. “I’d rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.” - George Burns
57. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” - Harriet Beecher Stowe
58. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” - John Wooden
Creativity Teamwork Quotes
The best projects are those performed with innovation and creativity. Pass the message along to your team with these creative collaboration quotes. If you want to encourage your team to embrace their unique qualities, harness their inner child and pursue a creative approach to their work, these teamwork quotes are sure to inspire them.
59. “Creativity Is Intelligence Having Fun.” - Albert Einstein
60. “Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination.” - Mae Jemison
61. “Write it. Shoot it. Publish it. Crochet it, sauté it, whatever. MAKE.” - Joss Whedon
62. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” - Katharine Hepburn
63. “Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.” - John Steinbeck
64. “You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.” - Mark Twain
65. “Be a Froot Loop in a world of Cheerios.” - Unknown
66. "To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it." - Kurt Vonnegut
67. “The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.” - Sylvia Plath
68. "Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes and having fun." - Mary Lou Cook
69. "Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." - Pablo Picasso
70. “There is a fountain of youth: It is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life.” - Sophia Loren
71. "The creative adult is the child who survived." - Ursula Leguin
72. "Creativity doesn't wait for that perfect moment. It fashions its own perfect moments out of ordinary ones." - Bruce Garrabrandt
73. “Creativity makes a leap, then looks to see where it is.” - Mason Cooley
No team works without proper communication, as these working together quotes imply. Whether you want to tell your team that they need to listen more or encourage them to speak up when they have something to share, these teamwork quotes will help them embrace better communication skills.
74. “Good communication is just as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after.” - Anne Morrow Lindbergh
75. “We are stronger when we listen, and smarter when we share.” - Rania Al-Abdullah
76. “A lot of problems in the world would be solved if we talked to each other instead of about each other.” - Nickey Gumbel
77. “Communication is your ticket to success if you pay attention and learn to do it effectively.” - Theo Gold
78. “When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.” - Malala Yousafzai
79. “Communication sometimes is not what you first hear, listen not just to the words, but listen for the reason.” - Catherine Pulsifer
80. “Communication — the human connection — is the key to personal and career success.” - Paul J. Meyer
81. “Self-consciousness kills communication.” - Rick Steves
82. "Communication is a skill that you can learn. It's like riding a bicycle or typing. If you're willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life." - Brian Tracy
83. “A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.” - Unknown
84. “Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes
85. “The way we communicate with others and with ourselves ultimately determines the quality of our lives.” - Anthony Robbins
86. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” - Madeleine Albright
Positivity Teamwork Quotes
Keeping a positive atmosphere is key for success in the workplace. If your team needs a little encouragement in this department, these teamwork quotes on positivity will get them inspired and energized.
87. “I always find beauty in things that are odd and imperfect, they are much more interesting.” - Marc Jacobs
88. “When we stop opposing reality, action becomes simple, fluid, kind and fearless.” - Byron Katie
89. “Attitude is a choice. Happiness is a choice. Optimism is a choice. Kindness is a choice. Giving is a choice. Respect is a choice. Whatever choice you make makes you. Choose wisely.” - Roy T. Bennett
90. “Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” - Carl Bard
91. “Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you're positive, good things happen.” - Deep Roy
92. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” - Norman Vincent Peale
93. “Bad attitudes will ruin your team.” - Terry Bradshaw
94. “Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” - Greg Anderson
95. “Your destiny is to fulfill those things upon which you focus most intently. So choose to keep your focus on that which is truly magnificent, beautiful, uplifting and joyful. Your life is always moving toward something.” - Ralph Marston
96. “Every small positive change we make in ourselves repays us in confidence in the future.” - Alice Walker
97. “Happiness resides not in possessions and not in gold, the feeling of happiness dwells in the soul.” - Democritus
98. “If we have the attitude that it’s going to be a great day it usually is.” - Catherine Pulsifier
99. “The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
100. “Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you.” - Hillary Clinton
101. “Be thankful for what you have and you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” - Oprah Winfrey
How do you inspire teamwork?
The best way to inspire teamwork is by reminding your team that jobs are done more easily and efficiently when performed by a group rather than an individual. Teamwork quotes are a great way to show examples of teamwork in action and encourage collaboration. Team building activities or offering perks at work are another highly effective way to inspire teamwork.
What is effective teamwork?
Effective teamwork means working together toward a common goal. It requires clear, effective communication and a willingness for teams to be open with each other about objectives, expectations and feedback. In fact, a study of 1,000 workers by Atlassian found that higher-achieving teams delivered results faster by working to foster a sense of belonging, trust, respect and connection.
Typically when teams work together, some people will naturally lead and others will follow. Teamwork works when members are willing to let others take the lead when needed and focus on the strengths that they bring to the table.
How important is teamwork?
Teamwork is essential for getting something done. Even the most talented or powerful people cannot succeed without the help and support of others. It can be easy to forget this fact, but teamwork is essential to the success of projects, no matter how big or complicated. If your team forgets the importance of teamwork, teamwork quotes are a great way to remind them.
What is a good team motto?
Choosing a team motto can be hard. You want to pick something that’s inspiring but not cliché. It needs to be specific enough that it speaks to your team’s unique structure but not so specific that it excludes people. Ideally, it should be short, catchy and easy to remember. And most of all, it needs to encourage teamwork.
What makes a great team quote?
Teamwork quotes are often confused with team mottos. While a motto is a short inspirational statement that represents the work you do, a quote is something you can use to motivate your team when times are tough. The best teamwork quotes are ones that are encouraging, inclusive and relatable.
Whether you are a teacher, boss, employee, athlete or in any other role that requires connection and collaboration, consider these teamwork quotes. Teamwork quotes are the perfect way to inspire yourself and those around you to strive for your very best.
For even more team building inspiration, check out other experiences happening on Cozymeal.