Online Cooking Class - Fermentation for Beginners
Fermentation has been practiced for centuries around the globe. Fermentation techniques not only preserve food, but enrich it with microbial cultures that aid in digestion and immunity. In this beginner fermentation class, you'll learn basic methods to create a variety of recipes. Begin with a sweet and tangy fermented pineapple drink and kimchi you can serve with vegetable stir fry, which you'll also make from scratch — no fancy equipment required!
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Order ingredients online and have them delivered to your door.
Fermented pineapple drink made with sugar, cinnamon and clove
With Napa cabbage, chili paste, garlic, ginger, scallions and daikon radish
Vegetable Stir Fry
With rice, broccoli, carrots and bell pepper
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 2 hours
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Labels Asian, Couples, Fun, Healthy, Vegetarian
Raw cane sugar, turbinado preferred
Stick of cinnamon
Whole clove spice
Brewer’s yeast, optional
Iodine-free sea salt or kosher salt
Fish sauce, optional
Korean chile paste
Coconut or vegetable oil
White or brown cooked rice
Non-skid shelf grip or wet kitchen towel
Half gallon Mason jar or large glass jug
Two small jars with tight-fitting lids, optional
Two to three 12 oz Mason jars or large glass jugs
Something to weigh down the kimchi, like a can of beans or a pot
Medium serving platter
Wok or deep sauté pan
Cheese cloth, or kitchen towel
Spoon for skimming
Prep Work Details
Local Grocer Delivery Available!
$ 39 Per device
2-hour class hosted on Zoom. Tax included.
The Cozymeal Protection®
© CozymealTM, Inc. 2013-2022 - Phone: 813-563-6260
4830 West Kennedy Blvd., Suite 600, Tampa, FL, 33609