Online Cooking Class - Nine Ways to Fold Chinese Dumplings
During this live online cooking class with Chef Li that's perfect for celebrating Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage month, you will learn how to make Chinese dumplings from scratch. After making the simple dumpling dough, you'll learn how to portion out the correct amount of filling and then practice up to nine different types of dumpling folds. Then, Chef Li will demonstrate both water-boiling and pan-fried ways of cooking dumplings. On the side, you'll also make a crunchy Chinese cabbage salad.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
Homemade Dumpling Wrappers
With all-purpose flour and water
Chinese Dumplings With Nine Types of Folds
Filling includes pork, vegetables, ginger and spring onions
Chinese Cabbage Salad
With red bell peppers and scallion oil
Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated if noted prior to the event. Please mention this in the message field when you submit your booking request as adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size
- Event Duration 1.5 hours
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Labels Asian, Beginner, Chinese, Date Night, Fun, Holiday, Valentine's
Ground pork or firm tofu
Light soy sauce
Chinese cooking wine (any rice-based cooking wine works)
Chinkiang vinegar (available in all Asian markets and Amazon)
Chinese white rice vinegar (or Japanese marukan vinegar)
Vegetables of your choice: Zucchini, napa cabbage, button mushrooms, etc.
Fresh shiitake mushrooms or dried wood-ear mushrooms
Chili oil or fresh red chili, optional
Three medium mixing bowls
Asian rolling pin
Large slotted spoon
Small slotted spoon, optional
Cutting board and knife
Measuring cups and spoons
Large stock or cooking pot
Small frying pan or sauce pan
Medium frying pan with lid
Prep Work Details
Local Grocer Delivery Available!
$ 39 Per device
90-minute class hosted on Zoom. Tax included.
The Cozymeal Protection®
We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.