Online Cooking Class - Handmaid's Tale-Inspired Recipes
During this live and interactive online cooking class with Chef Chris, you will learn how to prepare three traditional New England dishes using fresh, high-quality ingredients and time-honored culinary techniques.
Chef Chris will begin by teaching you how to make Anadama bread from scratch using cornmeal and molasses. Then, you will learn how to brew a batch of hearty fisherman's chowder before ending on a sweet note with a farmer's buttermilk sherbet that doesn't require any churning or a fancy ice cream machine. Gilead has nothing on these recipes!
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
Boston Molasses Anadama Bread
No-Machine Required Farmer's Buttermilk Sherbet
New England Fisherman's Chowder
With cod, red potatoes and bacon
This class is not affiliated with the brands or companies mentioned here or any of its subsidiaries.
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Labels Baking, Bread Making, Couples, Fun
Active dry yeast
Salt and pepper
Half and half
9x5-inch bread loaf pan
Metal baking dish
Zester or microplane
The Cozymeal Protection®