The 8 Best Stockpots for Soup Season
In order to make the most out of soup season, you’ll need to know the best stockpots for cooking up all your favorite soups and stews.
Not all soups are created equal, and neither are soup pots. While all stockpots have a similar basic construction for even heating and cooking, each pot has slightly different features, which can make different models more specialized for certain tasks.
We’re rounded up eight of the best soup pots and identified our top pick in multiple categories, such as best stockpot overall, best space-saving and best with strainer. With our handy guide for reference, you’ll be able to find the best stockpot that fits your needs so you can spend less time shopping and more time cooking!
Jump to Section
- Best Overall: Hestan Probond Stainless Steel 8 Qt Stockpot
- Best Large Capacity: Cuisinart Multiclad Pro Triple Ply Stainless Steel 12 Qt Stockpot With Cover
- Best Splurge: Hestan NanoBond Titanium Stainless Steel Stockpot, 8 Qt
- Best Non-Stick: Anolon Advanced Home 10 Qt Stockpot
- Best With Strainer: Anolon Advanced Home 8.5 Qt Wide Stockpot With Multi-Function Insert
- Best Industry-Grade: Demeyere Industry Stainless Steel 8 Qt Stockpot With Lid
- Best Space-Saving: Hestan CopperBond Induction Copper 3 Qt Soup Pot
- Best Mid-Size: Demeyere Stainless Steel 5.5 Qt Sauce Pot
1. Best Overall: Hestan Probond Stainless Steel 8 Qt Stockpot
With a large 8 qt. capacity, durable stainless steel sealed rims and heat distributing aluminum core, the Hestan Probond Stainless Steel 8 Qt Stockpot is all-around the best stockpot for your kitchen. This durable Italian-made stainless steel stockpot will have you cooking and serving delicious, flavor-packed soups and more, especially since it’s safe to use on all cooktops (including induction), as well as in the oven or broiler up to 600ºF.
2. Best Large Capacity: Cuisinart Multiclad Pro Triple Ply Stainless Steel 12 Qt Stockpot With Cover
For cooking up large quantities of soups, the Cuisinart Multiclad Pro Triple Ply Stainless Steel 12 Qt Stockpot With Cover is the best stockpot for the job. The wide stainless steel design and heat surround technology facilitate even heating of your large soup batches and the drip-free pouring rim means you won’t have to stress about spills when it’s time for serving or storing.
3. Best Splurge: Hestan NanoBond Titanium Stainless Steel Stockpot, 8 Qt
With a pure aluminum core and non-porous titanium surface, this large stainless steel stockpot browns and boils even faster, with absolutely no salt pitting. Whether you’re cooking up pasta, soups or stocks, treating yourself to the Hestan NanoBond Titanium Stainless Steel Stockpot, 8 Qt is a culinary splurge you won’t regret! It’s one of the best stockpots and some of the best cookware for glass top stoves on the market.
4. Best Non-Stick: Anolon Advanced Home 10 Qt Stockpot
The Anolon Advanced Home 10 Qt Stockpot is the obvious best stockpot choice if you’re looking for the best non-stick cookware that won’t leave any food or flavor stuck on the bottom. The impressive sapphire-reinforced non-stick interior coating lasts 16 times longer than traditional non-stick and 80 times longer than ceramic cookware. This durable, heavy-duty pot has laser-etched measuring marks and comes with a shatter-resistant glass lid.
5. Best With Strainer: Anolon Advanced Home 8.5 Qt Wide Stockpot With Multi-Function Insert
If you’re searching for a versatile non-stick stockpot that also functions as a steamer, poacher and even strainer, we’d recommend the Anolon Advanced Home 8.5 Qt Wide Stockpot With Multi-Function Insert. In addition to the multi-function strainer insert, this stockpot features the same high-performance non-stick coating and handy laser-etched measuring marks as the above model.
6. Best Industry-Grade: Demeyere Industry Stainless Steel 8 Qt Stock Pot With Lid
The best stainless steel stockpot for industrial-level cooking is the Demeyere Industry Stainless Steel 8 Qt Stock Pot With Lid, but it’s also an excellent option for any personal home kitchen, as well. This sleek Belgian-designed stockpot features excellent even heat distribution and retention, durable welded handles and a large 8 qt. capacity, making it one of the best soup pots for professional and personal chefs alike.
7. Best Space-Saving: Hestan CopperBond Induction Copper 3 Qt Soup Pot
You don’t necessarily need a massive stockpot to prepare delicious soups. While it may be small, the Hestan CopperBond Induction Copper 3 Qt Soup Pot maximizes heating and temperature control, thanks to a 100% copper core. It’s one of the best stockpots when it comes to efficiency, as it makes cooking easier, saves space and is less expensive than many larger capacity stockpots.
8. Best Mid-Size: Demeyere Stainless Steel 5.5 Qt Sauce Pot
Made from even-heating, seven-ply stainless steel, the Demeyere Stainless Steel 5.5 Qt Sauce Pot works great as both a mid-sized stockpot and a frying pan. No matter what you’re cooking up, the stay-cool handles and rolled rims help facilitate easy dripless pouring. It’s also one of the best stockpots for beginners due to its medium-sized capacity and versatility.
No matter which stockpot you choose, you really can’t go wrong with any of the options on this list. The best stockpot for you depends on your culinary needs and soup-making preferences. Once you know what features and functions you are looking for, you’ll be able to invest in a new, high-quality stockpot and start taking full advantage of soup season!
For even more ways to elevate your kitchen, check out more chef-recommended cookware in the Cozymeal Shop.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT?
Join the conversation.