Online Mixology Class - Traditional Tiki Cocktails
This class does not have dates listed right now. Find similar experiences below:
Get ready to escape to the tropics and experience the exotic flavors of Tiki cocktails.
During this live and interactive online mixology class with Mixologist Cory, you will learn how to prepare three traditional Tiki cocktails in their truest form. Mixologist Cory will begin by discussing the evolution of the Mai Tai as you concoct the original version invented by Trader Vic. You can also look forward to learning how to make a bright, lightly spritzy Dr. Funk cocktail as well as a rich and fruity Painkiller.
- Mixology class is fully interactive.
- Mixologist accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability.
- Technology Connect with the host using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 10 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 1 hour
- Prep Time 45 minutes
Jamaican rum or other rum
Dry curaçao or orange liqueur
Rich cane syrup
Absinthe or Herbsaint, Pastis or Pernod
Cream of coconut
Crushed ice, about 40-50 oz
Freshly grated nutmeg, mint sprig, spent lime shell and pineapple fronds for garnish
If making your own syrups as recommended by Mixologist Cory, you'll need:
Pomegranate juice such as POM Wonderful or alternative
Granulated sugar such as cane sugar
Orange blossom water, optional
Ice mallet and Lewis Bag or alternative ice crushing method
Fun swizzle sticks, drink umbrellas, etc.
Two double old fashioned glasses, or two tiki mugs
One hurricane glass, large snifter, or a tiki mug
Prep Work Details
Cozymeal guest reviews for this experience
03 Apr 2021
We had a custom mixology class with Cory and it was amazing! I am a cocktail nerd and Cory showed me so many new tips and tricks; not to mention the best Sazerac I've ever had!! Cory is very knowledgable, easygoing, and has a great sense of humor. I highly recommend taking one of his classes or set up your own custom class! Thank you Cory!
Cozymeal guest reviews for other experiences with Mixologist Cory
26 Jul 2021
Cory was great! Very knowledgeable and personable.
31 May 2021
The class was fun and informative.
Meet your mixologist
Mixologist Cory has nearly a decade of professional bartending experience under his belt. For the past five years, he has been honing his skills behind the bar of some of New York City’s classic cocktail destinations — like an underground bar drenched in history and speakeasy vibes, and a sophisticated, sky-high bar known for shaking things up with their contemporary craft cocktails served with an air of innovation.
The Cozymeal Protection®