Online Cooking Class - Spanakopita and Baklava
Learn all about classic Greek home cooking in this virtual class.
Join Chef Vasia for an interactive online cooking class streaming live from Athens, Greece. Begin by layering spinach, herbs and feta onto phyllo dough and coiling it into savory spirals to create authentic, savory spanakopita. For dessert, you'll make another phyllo pastry recipe, this time a sweet dish: Layer honey and walnuts onto delicate layers of phyllo pastry and bake it into classic honey-laden Greek baklava.
Kit DescriptionSpanakopita and Baklava Kit
This kit includes fresh spinach, feta cheese, salted butter, phyllo pastry dough, lemon, fresh mint, fresh dill, fresh parsley, green onion, olive oil, sesame seeds, chopped walnuts, breadcrumbs, powdered sugar, granulated sugar, ground cinnamon, cinnamon stick, ground clove, whole clove, honey and parchment paper. Serving size: 2. Please note that the packing facility handles all nine federally designated major food allergens. Shipped ingredients for this menu include FDA known allergens: Wheat, milk, tree nuts, soybeans and sesame. This kit ships to the continental U.S. It can also ship to AK, HI, and Puerto Rico with additional fee of $25.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Kit Included
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 1.5 hours
- Shipping Kit and items purchased will ship 10-14 days before your class.
- Labels Baking, Classes with Kits, International Chefs, Mediterranean, Vegetarian
Ingredients included in the kit:
Phyllo pastry dough
Ingredients guest provides:
2 baking sheets/ baking dishes
Small blender/food processor/mortar and pestle/ knife or other object to crush nuts
Medium sauce pan
1 large and 2 small mixing bowls
Parchment paper (included in kit)
Cozymeal guest reviews for other experiences with Chef Andrea or Resident Chef in Europe
01 Jul 2022
This class was so much fun! We were able to make authentic dishes with Chef Andrea. He gave us lots of helpful tips, advice and encouragement as we made a spectacular meal. The kit made it super easy! I will definitely take his classes again - highly recommend!
Guest reviews for Chef Andrea or Resident Chef in Europe
18 Jul 2022
My husband and I had a wonderful afternoon and the time flew! Virtual assistant Forest was charming and made the entire process seamless. Chef Vasia invited us into her home kitchen and shared her grandmother's recipes. Our meal was delicious and I will use those recipes often. This was our first ... class but it won't be our last.
18 Jul 2022
I was lucky enough to get two ... classes for Christmas. They were honestly some of the best gifts I've ever received. I love to cook, love to eat, and Chef Vasia and Chef Mayuko made it feel like I was right there in a good friend's kitchen, learning new skills with humor and ease. Even better, I could tell the chefs and the ... virtual kitchen assistants were good friends - their chemistry alone made it feel like such a warm and inviting space! What a great concept. I got to make spanakopita, baklava, homemade udon noodles, teriyaki chicken, and a whole lot more. I can't wait to join 'em again soon!
$ 169 Per device + kit
90-minute class hosted on Zoom. Plus shipping and tax.
Meet your chef
From his cooking school in the colorful Trastevere section of Rome, Italy, Chef Andrea specializes in Roman-style Italian dishes. He and his partner chefs in Tuscany, Spain, and Greece love sharing authentic recipes from their own regional and ethnic cuisines, emphasizing seasonal ingredients and local farm-to-table products.
The Cozymeal Protection®