Online Cooking Class - Empanadas and Homemade Ice Cream
Cook along with the chef to create classic Argentinian empanadas and decadent ice cream.
In this online cooking class, Chef Saul welcomes you from his kitchen in sunny Buenos Aires as you learn how to make traditional pastry dough from scratch to craft beef empanadas complete with signature crimped edges. For a sweet finish to the class, prepare a luscious homemade ice cream laced with chocolate and rum, then sweetened with dulce de leche caramel.
Kit DescriptionBeef Empanadas and Dulce De Leche Ice Cream Kit
This kit includes ground beef, butter, dulce de leche, whipping cream, onion, red bell pepper, green onion, vegetable oil, flour, olives, crushed red pepper, dried oregano, sweet paprika, cumin, sugar, 70% dark chocolate, kosher salt and black pepper. Serving size: 2. Please note that the packing facility handles all nine federally designated major food allergens. Shipped ingredients for this menu include FDA known allergens: Wheat, milk and soybeans. This kit ships to the continental U.S. It can also ship to AK, HI, and Puerto Rico with additional fee of $25.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Kit Included
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 1.5 hours
- Shipping Kit and items purchased will ship 10-14 days before your class.
- Labels Beginner, Classes with Kits, International Chefs, Latin
Ingredients included in this kit:
Dulce de leche
Red bell pepper
Crushed red pepper
70% dark chocolate
Ingredients guest provides:
1 egg, can be hard boiled in advance
4 tbsp white rum
Electric mixer or whisk
Deep frying pan and/or baking dish
4 medium and 1 small mixing bowls
Small bowl, cup or cookie cutter about 4 3/4 inch/12 cm across
2 cups to serve ice cream
Cozymeal guest reviews for other experiences with Chef Saul or Resident Chef in the Americas
15 Feb 2023
Really fun, well-taught class. Thank you!
01 Jul 2022
Chef Saul is fantastic! He is a wonderful teacher and a talented chef. It was such a great experience to share authentic cuisine from Argentina and the kit made it super simple and so much fun! I highly recommend his classes!
Guest reviews for Chef Saul or Resident Chef in the Americas
18 Jul 2022
The quality of the ingredients shipped were excellent. The chef was so pleasant and accessible- inviting our questions and offering helpful and encouraging feedback. Helpful to hear the questions and observations of others participating in the class. What a fun activity to do with your family and friends. And the result was delicious.
$ 169 Per device + kit
90-minute class hosted on Zoom. Plus shipping and tax.
Meet your chef
Chef Saul’s pride in Argentinian foods (and tango!) shines through as he teaches the secrets of cooking in a place where beef is king and some of the world’s best wines are produced. He and his partner chefs in Peru, Costa Rica and New Orleans love sharing authentic recipes from their own regional and ethnic cuisines, emphasizing seasonal and local ingredients and traditional techniques.
The Cozymeal Protection®