Online Cooking Class - Maki Sushi Rolls and Miso Soup
Create silky miso soup and learn to roll sushi like a seasoned pro!
Chef Mayuko welcomes you from her kitchen in Tokyo, Japan as she cooks alongside you virtually and guides you through the timeless art of rolling sushi. First, make Chef Mayuko’s traditional miso soup: A kombu dashi broth made from scratch with enoki mushrooms and tofu. Next, build and roll a traditional maki roll in two ways.
Kit DescriptionMaki Sushi Rolls and Miso Soup Kit
This kit includes smoked salmon, Japanese cucumber, tobiko, radish sprouts, red bell pepper, asparagus, takuan, mushrooms, Japanese kewpie mayonnaise, seasoned rice vinegar, nori seaweed, wasabi, soy sauce, pickled ginger, sesame seeds, bonito flakes, kombu, white miso, Japanese sushi rice, medium firm tofu, dried wakame, bamboo mat and chopsticks. Serving size: 2. Please note that the packing facility handles all nine federally designated major food allergens. Shipped ingredients for this menu include FDA known allergens: Wheat, soybeans, fish, shellfish and sesame. This kit ships to the continental U.S. It can also ship to AK, HI, and Puerto Rico with additional fee of $25.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Kit Included
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 1.5 hours
- Shipping Kit and items purchased will ship 10-14 days before your class.
- Labels Beginner, Classes with Kits, International Chefs, Japanese, Sushi Making, Valentine's
Ingredients included in this kit:
Red bell pepper
Japanese Kewpie mayonnaise
Seasoned rice vinegar
Japanese sushi rice
Medium firm tofu
Ingredients guest provides:
1 avocado (optional)
The kit includes smoked salmon, but alternative sushi-grade fish can be used as well
Shipped ingredients for this menu include FDA known allergens: Wheat, soybeans, fish, and sesame.
Medium wood or plastic bowl
Fan or magazine
Strainer or wire mesh colander
Bamboo sushi mat (included in kit)
Chopsticks (optional, included in kit)
Cozymeal guest reviews for this experience
12 Feb 2023
Very educational, personable, organized.
Cozymeal guest reviews for other experiences with Chef Mayuko or Resident Chef in Asia
27 Feb 2023
This class was outstanding! Rachel did a great job, and I appreciated RJ being involved as well! Buying the ingredients from Cozymeal made it very easy. Terrific experience!
01 Jul 2022
Chef Mayuko is truly passionate about cooking and is an engaging instructor. Her mission is to share how to create beautiful authentic homestyle Japanese dishes from Tokyo. It was a great experience and the kit that comes with the class had everything we needed. I highly recommend her classes!
$ 189 Per device + kit
90-minute class hosted on Zoom. Plus shipping and tax.
Meet your chef
From her cooking school tucked away in busy Tokyo, Chef Mayuko brings the tastes of Japan and fun techniques of sushi rolling to home cooks from all over the world. She and her partner chefs in Thailand and India love sharing authentic recipes from their own regional and ethnic cuisines, emphasizing seasonal and local ingredients.
The Cozymeal Protection®