Online Cooking Class - Gumbo and Pots de Crème
From a beautiful New Orleans kitchen, Chef Karen teaches you classic Cajun-Creole cooking.
In this online cooking class, discover how to build the signature flavors of Louisiana cuisine using the trinity of foundational ingredients: Onion, celery and green bell pepper. You will learn how to make the perfect roux for a smoky chicken and sausage gumbo, the official Louisiana state dish. For dessert, you’ll prepare French-inspired pots de crème with bananas Foster flambé for a touch of New Orleans flair.
Kit DescriptionCajun Gumbo and Bananas Foster Pots de Crème Kit
This kit includes chicken thighs, andouille sausage, okra, butter, whipping cream, green onions, yellow onion, celery, green bell pepper, garlic, ripe banana, stock concentrate, rice, flour, vegetable oil, rum extract, brown sugar, vanilla extract, sugar, aluminum ramekins and Creole seasoning. Serving size: 2. Please note that the packing facility handles all nine federally designated major food allergens. Shipped ingredients for this menu include FDA known allergens: Wheat. This kit ships to the continental U.S. It can also ship to AK, HI, and Puerto Rico with additional fee of $25.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Kit Included
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 1.5 hours
- Shipping Kit and items purchased will ship 10-14 days before your class.
- Labels Beginner, Classes with Kits, Couples, Gourmet, Group
Ingredients included in the kit:
Green bell pepper
Ingredients guest provides:
1/4 cup whole milk
3 large eggs
Dark rum (optional to flambé)
Large heavy-bottom pot
Cast iron skillet (for flambé)
Large mixing bowl
Baking pan with sides
Ramekins (included in kit)
Tin foil (included in kit)
Cozymeal guest reviews for other experiences with Chef Saul or Resident Chef in the Americas
15 Feb 2023
Really fun, well-taught class. Thank you!
01 Jul 2022
Chef Saul is fantastic! He is a wonderful teacher and a talented chef. It was such a great experience to share authentic cuisine from Argentina and the kit made it super simple and so much fun! I highly recommend his classes!
Guest reviews for Chef Saul or Resident Chef in the Americas
18 Jul 2022
The quality of the ingredients shipped were excellent. The chef was so pleasant and accessible- inviting our questions and offering helpful and encouraging feedback. Helpful to hear the questions and observations of others participating in the class. What a fun activity to do with your family and friends. And the result was delicious.
$ 189 Per device + kit
90-minute class hosted on Zoom. Plus shipping and tax.
Meet your chef
Chef Saul’s pride in Argentinian foods (and tango!) shines through as he teaches the secrets of cooking in a place where beef is king and some of the world’s best wines are produced. He and his partner chefs in Peru, Costa Rica and New Orleans love sharing authentic recipes from their own regional and ethnic cuisines, emphasizing seasonal and local ingredients and traditional techniques.
The Cozymeal Protection®