Online Cooking Class - The Science of Baking
This class does not have dates listed right now. Find similar experiences below:
Learn everything you need to know about baking techniques with Chef Maria.
In this online cooking class with Chef Maria, you'll uncover the fundamentals to baking across five recipes resulting in one final dessert. Begin by preparing a lemon curd and shortbread, which you'll use to make your tart shell. Next, prepare Swiss meringue, an iconic and sweet topping used in many baking recipes. For your final dish, combine the individual ingredients to create a classic lemon meringue tart.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Labels Baking, Beginner, Fun, Gourmet, Group
White whole wheat or all-purpose flour
Fine sea salt
Fresh lemon juice
Heavy cream, optional
Food processor or pastry cutter
Two medium mixing bowls
Two large mixing bowls
Wire globe whisk
Liquid measuring cups
Dry measuring cups
Blind baking pie weights or raw beans
Medium sauce pot
Star piping tip
Kitchenaid mixer, optional
Cozymeal guest reviews for this experience
28 Mar 2021
While we were late due to technical issues, once we joined Chef Maria made the extra effort to catch us up. Her style was very supportive, patient, and enthusiastic while she walked us through a complicated recipe. We came away with a delicious lemon tart and some great information that we will use in future bakes. I highly recommend Chef Maria’s classes! About the technical issues: for some reason neither Zoom passcode provided would allow us into the meeting. I had to text Chef Maria directly. She replied immediately with another Zoom link that allowed us in.
Cozymeal guest reviews for other experiences with Chef Maria
26 Apr 2021
Chef Maria created a wonderful cooking and learning culinary experience for us! Her confidence and warmth immediately puts you at ease and her love for her craft and food shows in everything she does! She shared several great cooking tips (she's skilled in multiple genres and techniques from baking to knife skills) and answered all our questions along the way. And of course, the food was absolutely delicious!
05 Apr 2021
Maria is a a wonderful Chef to work with!
Meet your chef
After falling in love with cooking at age 15, Chef Maria decided to take the leap and attend the Culinary Institute of America. After graduating, Chef Maria spent time traveling around the world as a personal chef before returning to the U.S. to take a job as executive chef for a luxury resort on the Las Vegas Strip. Chef Maria now manages a contemporary gastropub in Las Vegas where everything is made from scratch.
The Cozymeal Protection®