Online Cooking Class - Authentic and Classic Thanksgiving Meal
This class does not have dates listed right now. Find similar experiences below:
Prepare a traditional meal similar to what was enjoyed on the first Thanksgiving with Chef John.
Join Chef John as he guides you in creating a traditional Thanksgiving feast in this live and interactive online cooking class. You’ll use hearty vegetables, fresh herbs and high-quality ingredients to bring this meal together. Begin with a classic vegetable and pumpkin stew, then combine maple syrup, olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a unique take on duck breast with cranberry relish. Finally, whip up creamy corn pudding.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Labels Couples, Fun, Gourmet, Holiday
Pumpkin or winter squash
Fresh or frozen corn
Pecans or walnuts
10" Cast iron skillet or sauté pan with lid
Plating dish for duck
2 qt. Saucepan with lid
4 qt Saucepan
6x9" Baking pan or casserole dish
Slotted serving spoon
8-10" Kitchen knife
Measuring cups and spoons
Cozymeal guest reviews for this experience
29 Nov 2020
John has a good sense of humor, was enjoyable to cook with, and had interesting knowledge regarding the food preparation we experienced with him. John ventured to tell us about how foods taste based on their origin, the importance of salt (not the salt flavor its self, but the ability to pull food flavors out, which I never knew as I don't cook often), and even down to heating temperatures and frequencies to cook the food to it's optimal state. I enjoyed being part of John's group and would recommend him in the future.
Cozymeal guest reviews for other experiences with Chef John
26 Feb 2022
Had a wonderful meal and learned quite a bit. Would do another meal from John.
11 Feb 2022
Chef John was amazing! He was exactly on time, extremely warm and friendly, and prepared us an amazing menu. I can’t wait to host another event with him.
Meet your chef
After a career working his way up the ranks in restaurant kitchens, Chef John delved into America's greatest food asset: its native plants. A lecturer, cooking instructor, and native plant specialist, Chef John has been cooking with California's indigenous ingredients for over 10 years. Discover the ancient history of native edibles and taste food unlike any you've tried before with ingredients foraged from Marin County by Chef John.
The Cozymeal Protection®