Online Cooking Class - Japanese Street Fare
During this live and interactive online cooking class with Chef Kumi, you will learn how to prepare okonomiyaki — a Japanese savory pancake and beloved street food fare hailing from Osaka. In Japan, the toppings differ from region to region, but Chef Kumi will show you how to prepare okonomiyaki topped with bacon, dashi, egg and spring onions. You will also learn how to make okonomiyaki sauce from scratch as well as a wakame seaweed soup.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Order ingredients online and have them delivered to your door.
- Recipes Recipes are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Labels Asian, Fun, International Chefs, Japanese
Dashi or chicken stock
Japanese mayonnaise or mayonnaise of your choice
Japanese tonkatsu sauce or Worcestershire
Canola, sunflower or corn oil
Chicken soup stock or cube
Japanese seaweed (dried wakame)
Frying pan with lid
Small mixing bowl
Pot for soup
Small silicon spatula