Online Cooking Class - Black Forest Mini Gâteaux
Join Chef Zach and master the secrets to making an authentic black forest cake.
During this live and interactive virtual cooking class, Chef Zach will teach you each step to perfecting a classic black forest mini gâteaux. Chef Zach will begin with a light chocolate black forest sponge cake for the base, covered with a silky and tangy Chantilly topping made with both heavy and sour cream. You'll then learn how to make a dense, almond-cherry soaking syrup to complete this irresistible dessert.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Labels Baking, Cake Decorating, Couples, Date Night, Fun
Dutch-process unsweetened cocoa powder
Almond extract, optional
Four 10-ounce Pyrex custard cup baking dishes
Colander or large strainer
Rimmed individual dessert plates
Oven (conventional, not fan)
Nonstick baking spray with flour
Silicone baking mat that fits the half-sheet pan, optional
Half-sheet baking pan or cookie sheet large enough to fit the optional baking mat and the four custard cups
One stand mixer with whisk beater, or hand mixer
Two small microwave-safe bowls
Cooling rack or cooling surface
Small offset spatula or paring knife
One to four small serving plate(s)
Cozymeal guest reviews for this experience
22 Feb 2022
Wonderful class, the cakes were a treat! Thank you Chef Zach!
19 Feb 2022
Thank you Chef Zach for a wonderful session. The timing/pacing was excellent and your personal tips made the session quite simply perfect. Sylvia Mary McFadden
Cozymeal guest reviews for other experiences with Chef Zach
21 Nov 2022
Chef Zach was oustanding! He is very knowledgeable and we loved the way he conducted this workshop. He is well prepared, shared his expertise in a very friendly, non-intimidating way. He didn't just give us instructions to make it, he was considerate to also shared what could go wrong and how to recover when possible. Face it - professionals make it look easy until you have to do it on your own and nothing was what you remembered from class. Things which I thought would have been OK to substitute, so glad he went over how changing even the stirring tool could have ended in disaster. Appreciated chef Zach inviting us into his home which felt and look absolutely cozy yet elegant.
Local Grocer Delivery Available!
$ 29 Per device
75-minute class hosted on Zoom. Tax included.
Meet your chef
Chef Zach discovered his passion for cooking in the kitchen with family growing up, which led him into the delicious field of the culinary arts. He is trained in classical French cooking with a knack for creating chocolate and pastry delicacies — he has even prepared a decadent chocolate dessert for former President George W. Bush and First Lady Laura Bush. In addition, Chef Zach has had several recipes featured in cookbooks.
The Cozymeal Protection®