Online Cooking Class - Seasonal Sponge Cake
Learn how to make a delicate shortcake with winter citrus in this live interactive virtual cooking class with Chef Zach. You’ll make everything from scratch: The sponge cake, the Meyer lemon curd, and the Chantilly topping. These mini cakes are easy to master and a perfect way to showcase the myriad of citrus fruits that abound during the winter season.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Order ingredients online and have them delivered to your door.
- Recipes Recipes are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Class sizes are between 4 to 10 connections to ensure all guests can participate and ask questions.
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Labels Baking, Cake Decorating, French, Gourmet, Group
Pure vanilla extract
Sour cream or crème fraiche
Four 10-ounce Pyrex baking dishes
Small paring knife
Small stainless-steel saucepan
Small metal spoon
Fine-mesh strainer (preferably 2)
Two small glass bowls
Baking spray with flour
Small microwave-safe glass bowl
Electric mixer (stand mixer or hand mixer)
One or two silicone spatulas
Silicone baking mat, optional
Small offset spatula (or use the paring knife)
Four individual serving plates
Four serving spoons