Online Cooking Class - Seasonal Sponge Cake
Learn how to make a delicate and tender shortcake with winter citrus in this live interactive virtual cooking class with Chef Zach. You’ll make everything from scratch: The sponge cake, the creamy Meyer lemon curd, and airy Chantilly topping. These mini cakes are easy to master and a perfect way to showcase the myriad of citrus fruits that abound during the winter season. Each component can be prepared ahead.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 1.75 hours
- Labels Baking, Cake Decorating, French, Gourmet, Group
Pure vanilla extract
Sour cream or crème fraiche
Almond extract, optional
Four 10-ounce Pyrex baking dishes
Small paring knife
Small stainless-steel saucepan
Small metal spoon
Fine-mesh strainer (preferably 2)
Two small glass bowls
Baking spray with flour
Small microwave-safe glass bowl
Electric mixer (stand mixer or hand mixer)
One or two silicone spatulas
Silicone baking mat, optional
Small offset spatula (or use the paring knife)
Four individual serving plates
Four serving spoons
The Cozymeal Protection®