Online Cooking Class - Gourmet Holiday Desserts
In this interactive and live online cooking class with Chef Zach, you'll craft a gourmet homage to a famed Italian confection and a holiday wreath "sablé" cookie that will be a standout on your holiday dessert trays. First, prepare a rocher butter cake as well as a dark chocolate rocher glaze with crushed nuts. Then, create a European-style chocolate sablé dough that Chef Zach will show you how to pipe and decorate into a festive wreath shape.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Order ingredients online and have them delivered to your door.
- Recipes Recipes are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Labels Baking, Cake Baking, Fun, Gourmet, Holiday
Cream of tartar, optional
Almond or hazelnut flour
Firmly packed dark or light brown sugar
Pure vanilla extract
Freshly grated nutmeg, optional
Bleached all-purpose flour
Milk chocolate (preferably couverture)
Flavorless oil such as grapeseed or safflower oil
Hazelnuts or slivered almonds
Dutch-process cocoa powder
Gold luster dust (edible cake decorating dust)
Slim decorative holiday ribbon of your choice
Oven, conventional, not fan
8 by 8-inch (20 cm) cake pan
Nonstick cooking spray without flour
Nonstick baking spray with flour
Two large mixing bowls
Strainer/sieve or sifter
Long serrated knife
Small microwave-safe bowl
Microwave or double boiler
Tray or sheet pan lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat
Long wooden skewer or toothpick
Stand mixer with whisk beater, or hand mixer
Two 3/8” (6 cm) paper muffin/cupcake cups
Two 3/4-inch cookie cutter or flan ring
Medium-sized open-star tip (such as Ateco #825)
Fork or flat whisk
Small paint brush (or use the edge of a pastry brush)