Online Cooking Class - Gourmet Holiday Desserts
Join Chef Zach and learn how to create two standout gourmet holiday desserts from scratch.
In this interactive and live online cooking class with Chef Zach, you'll craft a gourmet homage to a famed Italian confection and a holiday wreath "sablé" cookie that will be a standout on your holiday dessert trays. First, prepare a rocher butter cake as well as a dark chocolate rocher glaze with crushed nuts. Then, create a European-style chocolate sablé dough that Chef Zach will show you how to pipe and decorate into a festive wreath shape.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 1.75 hours
- Labels Baking, Cake Baking, Fun, Gourmet, Holiday
Cream of tartar, optional
Almond or hazelnut flour
Firmly packed dark or light brown sugar
Pure vanilla extract
Freshly grated nutmeg, optional
Bleached all-purpose flour
Milk chocolate (preferably couverture)
Flavorless oil such as grapeseed or safflower oil
Hazelnuts or slivered almonds
Dutch-process cocoa powder
Gold luster dust (edible cake decorating dust)
Slim decorative holiday ribbon of your choice
Oven, conventional, not fan
8 by 8-inch (20 cm) cake pan
Nonstick cooking spray without flour
Nonstick baking spray with flour
Two large mixing bowls
Strainer/sieve or sifter
Long serrated knife
Small microwave-safe bowl
Microwave or double boiler
Tray or sheet pan lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat
Long wooden skewer or toothpick
Stand mixer with whisk beater, or hand mixer
Two 3/8” (6 cm) paper muffin/cupcake cups
Two 3/4-inch cookie cutter or flan ring
Medium-sized open-star tip (such as Ateco #825)
Fork or flat whisk
Small paint brush (or use the edge of a pastry brush)
Cozymeal guest reviews for other experiences with Chef Zach
28 May 2023
We had a superb time at Zach's home making ganache and truffles. He had everything ready to go and was a wealth of knowledge. We highly recommend him.
21 Nov 2022
Chef Zach was oustanding! He is very knowledgeable and we loved the way he conducted this workshop. He is well prepared, shared his expertise in a very friendly, non-intimidating way. He didn't just give us instructions to make it, he was considerate to also shared what could go wrong and how to recover when possible. Face it - professionals make it look easy until you have to do it on your own and nothing was what you remembered from class. Things which I thought would have been OK to substitute, so glad he went over how changing even the stirring tool could have ended in disaster. Appreciated chef Zach inviting us into his home which felt and look absolutely cozy yet elegant.
19 Jun 2022
Super informative !
Local Grocer Delivery Available!
$ 39.00 Per device
105-minute class hosted on Zoom. Tax included.
Meet your chef
Chef Zach discovered his passion for cooking in the kitchen with family growing up, which led him into the delicious field of the culinary arts. He is trained in classical French cooking with a knack for creating chocolate and pastry delicacies — he has even prepared a decadent chocolate dessert for former President George W. Bush and First Lady Laura Bush. In addition, Chef Zach has had several recipes featured in cookbooks.
The Cozymeal Protection®