Online Cooking Class - The Famous French Mi-Cuit
The mi-cuit au chocolat is a legendary French dessert that's a far cry from the molten chocolate lava cakes found in American restaurants. It's chocolatey, indulgent and easy to recreate at home when you learn its secrets. During this live and interactive online cooking class, Chef Zach will teach you how to make the mi-cuit au chocolat completely from scratch as well as a whipped chantilly cream topping and a no-temper chocolate decoration.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Labels Baking, Chocolate Making, French, Fun, Gourmet
Pure vanilla extract, optional
Granulated white sugar
Berries of your choice, optional
Heavy whipping cream or ice cream for serving, optional
Premium very dark chocolate, preferably 70% cacao, such as Valrhona Guanaja 70%, Lindt 70%, or Scharffen Berger 70%, or other similar
Four (or two) 6-ounce ramekins
Four small measuring bowls
Large heatproof stainless steel or glass bowl
Oven (conventional, not fan)
Silicone baking mat, optional
Half-sheet baking pan or cookie sheet (large enough to fit the optional baking mat and the ramekins)
Measuring spoons, optional
Strainer or sifter
Cooling rack or cooling surface
Small offset spatula or paring knife
One to four serving plate(s)
Hand mixer, stand mixer or hand whisk (if you purchase the heavy whipping cream for serving)
Disposable piping bag or large sandwich bag (if you purchase the heavy whipping cream for serving)
Ice cream scoop or large spoon (if you purchase the ice cream for serving)
Open-star piping tube, optional
Large pan for a shallow water bath, or use a double boiler
—If using a water bath, pan should be large enough to fit the heatproof bowl to sit 1-2 inches into the water
—If using the microwave instead, make sure your heatproof bowl is microwave safe
Prep Work Details
The Cozymeal Protection®