Online Cooking Class - Argentinian Holiday Empanadas
In this virtual holiday cooking class with Chef Daniel, you will learn how to prepare two Argentinean empanadas completely from scratch. Chef Daniel will begin by teaching you how to make traditional empanada dough as well as two fillings — beef, and spinach and béchamel. Then, you will learn the secret method to frying your empanadas for the perfect holiday meal.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Order ingredients online and have them delivered to your door.
Beef Empanadas Argentine Style
With red bell pepper, onions, Roma tomatoes and optional black olives
Spinach and Béchamel Empanadas
With milk, butter, Parmesan cheese, onion and nutmeg
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 2 hours
- Labels Date Night, Fun, Gourmet, Holiday, Latin
Fresh or frozen spinach
80/20 ground sirloin
Red bell pepper
Tomatoes, preferably Roma
Black olives, optional
Chicken stock, optional
Medium size bowl
For regular size empanadas: 5-inch dish or bowl, or a 5-inch round cookie cutter
For cocktail size empanadas: 3.5-inch dish, glass or bowl, or a 3.5-inch cookie cutter
Heavy pot or cast iron skillet
Spider or slotted spoon
Wire rack, optional
Two small pots
Bag of ice