Online Cooking Class - Classic German Comfort Food
This class does not have dates listed right now. Find similar experiences below:
Virtually join Chef Yalin in Berlin for a truly authentic taste of German comfort food.
In this live interactive online cooking class with Chef Yalin, you will learn how to prepare Königsberger Klopse — classic comfort food fare from northern Germany — right in your own kitchen. Chef Yalin will begin by teaching you how to prepare the meatball dumplings using ground beef, capers, and anchovies. Then, you will learn how to make a luscious double cream sauce studded with capers and infused with lemon as well as roasted potatoes to complete the meal.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Labels Couples, Fun, German, Group, International Chefs, International Chefs
Guest reviews for Chef Yalin
14 Jul 2020
Yalin is an extremely talented and innovative chef who, while bringing his personal touch to every meal, somehow manages to always make it feel like home.
14 Jul 2020
Chef Yalin cooked for us a traditional German dish: Königsberger Klopse. Under other hands, this might have turned out boring, but Chef Yalin knew how to add his own surprising touches without being overbearing. In other words: fusion without being pretentious. And most importantly, it was delicious. Chef Yalin was also incredibly charming and turned out to be a real food scholar. The meal was a delight, both for our senses and our intellect.
13 Jul 2020
Yalin is a very talented chef. He not only knows how to create the most delicious meals, he also has loads of knowledge about the history of food and how to cook in a sustainable way. His overall passion will draw you definitely in! I've been working with Yalin before and can recommend his thoughtfulness, enthusiasm and culinary experience he provides for all the people who enjoy food and want to learn more!
Meet your chef
Born in the U.S. and raised in Istanbul, Chef Yalin’s eclectic upbringing mirrors his journey to becoming a passionate chef. While studying at the Humboldt University of Berlin, Chef Yalin started working in kitchens and fell in love with his future calling as a chef. He finished his formal training as a chef in 2018 and now lives in Berlin and enjoys working with classic recipes and fresh ingredients while adding his own personal twist reflecting the accumulative tradition of his background.
The Cozymeal Protection®