Online Cooking Class - Boozy Irish Comfort Food
In this interactive, live online cooking class with Chef Tracy, you’ll create Irish comfort food from scratch with a boozy twist. Begin by preparing cottage pie, a version of the traditional shepherd's pie, that uses Scottish ale and Irish beer to enhance the flavors of the meat and root vegetables. For dessert, you’ll make an Irish liquor-inspired pie filled with cream, chocolate, Guinness, Bailey’s Irish Cream and Jameson.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
Traditional Cottage Pie
With potatoes, Scottish ale, ground beef, carrots, leeks and Irish ale
Irish Car Bomb Pie
With Bailey’s Irish Cream, Irish whiskey, Guinness, cream and chocolate
Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated if noted prior to the event. Please mention this in the message field when you submit your booking request as adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Labels Adult, Baking, Date Night, Fun, Group
Unsalted butter, preferably Irish butter
Fresh Italian parsley
Irish red ale beer
Chicken or vegetable stock
Light brown sugar
Heavy whipping cream
Guinness or Murphy’s beer
Jameson or other Irish whiskey
Bailey's Irish Cream
Pre-made pie crust or buy ingredients below to make your own:
Barley flour or quinoa flour
Dry malt extract or molasses
Unsalted Kerry Irish butter
Loaf pan or 2 pie pans
Large sauté pan
Liquid measuring cup
Large blender or potato masher
Two small bowls
Two medium mixing bowls
Large mixing bowl
Large food processor or stand mixer
Rolling pin or pint glass
Oven and stove
Prep Work Details
The Cozymeal Protection®
We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.