Online Cooking Class - Beijing Noodles and Scallion Pancakes
This class does not have dates listed right now. Find similar experiences below:
Join Chef Gilley virtually and learn how to make your Chinese takeout favorites at home.
Build your home-cooking repertoire as you learn how to make two classic Chinese dishes from scratch in this live online cooking class. Using simple ingredients, Chef Gilley will guide you in preparing Beijing noodles with a sauce made of ground beef, shiitake mushrooms, and soy and hoisin sauce. Next, you'll make scallion pancakes: Traditional crispy, chewy Chinese bread.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Labels Asian, Chinese, Date Night, Fun, Gourmet
80/20 ground beef
Low-sodium soy sauce
Medium rolling pan
Non-stick pan with lid
Cozymeal guest reviews for this experience
15 Feb 2021
Great class. Great food!
15 Feb 2021
Chef Gilley was an excellent instructor. I have had trouble making authentic flavorful Asian dishes in the past, but this experience was completely different. We loved the food and have new dishes to add to our rotation of regulars. I will definitely look for more Chef Gilley classes and I am very grateful for his knowledge, positive attitude and patience.
12 Feb 2021
Thanks so much for a great class! We had so much fun and the food was delicious.
Meet your chef
Chef Gilley is passionate about teaching the beauty of Chinese cuisine and hosting cooking classes to share his knowledge and experience with others. In the past, he has operated an extension of his family's restaurant at a weekly food fest in Brooklyn, and is currently serving up delectable dishes as a sous chef in New York. Chef Gilley is famous for his cold sesame noodles, which have been heralded by Gourmet Magazine and the New York Times.
The Cozymeal Protection®