Online Cooking Class - Japanese Comfort Food Favorites
During this live and interactive online cooking class with Chef Kumi, you will learn how to prepare a popular Japanese comfort food dish: Chicken karaage. Karaage is a Japanese cooking technique in which marinated chicken is lightly coated in potato starch and deep fried in a light oil. The result: Tender and juicy chicken encased in a crispy shell. After mastering karaage, you will also learn how to prepare a homemade dipping sauce.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Order ingredients online and have them delivered to your door.
Japanese Chicken Karaage
With sake, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and potato starch
Garlic Mayonnaise Sauce
With lemon and garlic
Tomato Salad With Japanese Soy Sauce Dressing
With red onion, garlic and parsley
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Labels Asian, Fun, International Chefs, Japanese
Canola, corn, sunflower or frying oil of choice
Salad leaves of your choice for garnishing
Medium to large fresh tomatoes
Japanese rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
Japanese mayonnaise or mayonnaise of your choice
Thinly chopped cabbage (1/2 cup)
A few pieces of cherry tomatoes
Pot or deep frying pan with a bottom width of 18-20 cm
Small bowls or plates for mise en place
Medium size mixing bowls
Spoons and forks
Grater or microplane
Local Grocer Delivery Available!
$ 39 Per device
75-minute class hosted on Zoom. Tax included.
Live from Tokyo, Japan!
The Cozymeal Protection®
Thank you for signing up for our mailing list.
© CozymealTM, Inc. 2013-2021 - Phone: 415-869-9706
95 Third Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA, 94103