Online Cooking Class - Basic Techniques of French Baking
Prepare elements of a classic multi-tiered European cake and assemble it layer by gorgeous layer.
This online baking class in authentic French pastry techniques from Chef Mel introduces you to the basics of preparing elegant desserts. With her guidance, you'll create luscious mascarpone whipped cream and bake a moist genoise cake with buttery goodness baked in. Then, assemble and decorate your cake with a blend of fresh strawberries, blackberries and raspberries and learn professional piping methods to add tasteful and delicious decoration.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 6 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Prep Time 2 minutes
- Labels Baking, Beginner, Cake Baking, Cake Decorating, French
Vanilla beans (not extract)
Hand mixer or KitchenAid mixer
Piping bag (21 inches is a good size)
St. Honore piping tip
Cake board or cake stand
8 inch or 9 inch cake mold
Prep Work Details
Cozymeal guest reviews for other experiences with Chef Mel
20 Dec 2022
Everyone loved the class and Chef Mel you were fantastic! Well done! Very impressive background indeed. THANK YOU!!! We hope we can see you in another class... please shoot me all your classes that you teach at email@example.com - We love all inclusive kits and a host! :)) Happy holidays!
20 Dec 2022
We had a good time and it was very different from other office events.
12 Dec 2022
What a great class! My team had such a fun time booking with Chef Mel and picked up some baking knowledge along the way! :)
Local Grocer Delivery Available!
$ 39 Per device
75-minute class hosted on Zoom. Tax included.
Meet your chef
Chef Mel has always had a passion for desserts. Splitting her time between Paris, Miami and New York as a child, she went on to attend culinary school in NYC and work for renowned bakeries in Paris. She owned and operated her own bakery in Paris for five years before moving back to NYC, where she started her own baking kit company. Helping everyone become a better baker is Chef Mel’s mission in life.
The Cozymeal Protection®