Online Cooking Class - Colorful Chinese Dumplings
During this live and interactive online cooking class with Chef Li, you will learn how to prepare colorful Chinese dumplings — or "jiaozi" in Mandarin — that are said to symbolize good luck and prosperity for the year ahead. Chef Li will begin by teaching you how to make three different colored doughs using fresh vegetable juices for coloring. You will also learn how to make your choice of pork or vegetable filling for your dumplings.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
Colorful Dumpling Dough
With all-purpose flour, carrot juice and spinach juice
With ground pork (optional), zucchini, mushrooms, carrots and ginger
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Labels Asian, Beginner, Chinese, Fun, Vegetarian
Ground pork, optional
Light soy sauce
Chinese cooking wine
Zucchini, Napa cabbage or mushrooms
The following are available in many Asian markets and on Amazon:
Dried shiitake mushrooms
White peppercorn powder
Five medium mixing bowls
Rolling pin, ideally Asian style rolling pin which is around 10 inches in length
Cheesecloth (or disposable coffee filter or kitchen towel)
Large frying pan
Medium-sized frying pan with a lid (for pan-frying dumplings)
Large slotted spoon
Measuring cups and spoons
Stock pot or large cooking pot
Prep Work Details
Local Grocer Delivery Available!
$ 39 Per device
75-minute class hosted on Zoom. Tax included.
The Cozymeal Protection®