Online Cooking Class - Classic Chinese Soup Dumplings
Classic soup dumplings are a popular dim sum dish in China and around the world, and in this online cooking class with Chef Li, you'll learn how to make them at home. After mixing your homemade dumpling dough, you'll fill them with ground pork and spices, then apply 20 to 24 pleats in each tiny dumpling. A feast awaits you once the dumplings are cooked, with a traditional smashed cucumber salad on the side.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
Handmade Dumpling Dough
With ground pork, soy sauce, spring onion, ginger, and Chinkiang vinegar
Smashed Cucumber Salad
With vinegar, cilantro, soy sauce, spring onion, ginger and cinnamon
Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated. Please mention this in the message field when you submit your booking request.
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Prep Time 60 minutes
- Labels Asian, Beginner, Chinese, Fun, Holiday
Powdered gelatin, preferably unflavored Knox Gelatine
Light soy sauce
Chinese cooking wine
White peppercorn powder, optional
Chinkiang vinegar (black vinegar)
Chinese white rice vinegar
Japanese or Persian cucumbers
Red bird chili, optional
Dried red chilies
Medium mixing bowls
Rolling pin, ideally Asian style rolling pin which is around 10 inches
Steamer pot and steamer basket
Sauce pan or small frying pan
Slotted spoon or spatula
Measurement cups and spoons
Chinese soup spoon or any soup spoon
Small sauce plate
Prep Work Details
Local Grocer Delivery Available!
$ 39 Per device
75-minute class hosted on Zoom. Tax included.
The Cozymeal Protection®