Online Cooking Class - Dim Sum Brunch
Dim sum, a traditional meal of bite-sized morsels, is a leisurely way to brunch that can easily stretch into the afternoon. In this live online cooking class with Chef Li, you'll learn how to build your own dim sum brunch at home.
Begin with char siu pork buns. Then, prepare Cantonese-style spring rolls filled with shiitake mushrooms and Napa cabbage. You'll also learn to prepare kailan—Chinese broccoli—with soy sauce.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
Char Siu Pork Buns
With shallots and hoisin sauce
Cantonese Spring Rolls
With shiitake mushrooms and Napa cabbage
With Chinese broccoli and soy sauce
Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated. Please mention this in the message field when you submit your booking request.
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size
- Event Duration 1.5 hours
- Prep Time 60 minutes
- Labels Asian, Beginner, Chinese, Date Night, Holiday, Mother's Day
Bread flour (substitute with unbleached all-purpose flour)
Active dry yeast
Chinese cooking wine (any rice-based cooking wine would work)
Light soy sauce
Dark soy sauce (substitute with light soy sauce)
Spring roll wrappers (egg roll wrappers)
Dried shiitake mushroom (substitute with fresh brown mushrooms)
Mung bean sprouts
Light soy sauce
White peppercorn powder
Kailan (substitute with broccoli or romaine lettuce)
Plastic or glass container box with lid
Asian-style rolling pin, 12 or 14-inch long
Dough scraper (plastic or stainless steel)
1 large pot
1 medium pot
1 small frying pan
1 small sauce pan
1 slotted spoon
Vegetable peeler or fruit peeler
Prep Work Details
The Cozymeal Protection®