Online Cooking Class - Handcrafted Sushi
Join Chef Vivian and Michi as they guide you in this interactive, live virtual cooking class, and teach you every integral step to making picture-perfect Japanese cuisine. Learn how to make three different varieties filled with assorted vegetables, spicy tuna and a combination of crab, tuna and salmon. To accompany your rolls, you'll also make a crabstick and avocado salad with a sake and miso dressing.
Kit DescriptionSushi Kit
Kit includes: Sushi rice, nori, rice vinegar powder, sesame seeds, wasabi powder, rolling mat, cooking instructions, shopping guide, and drink pairing suggestions. Servings: Makes 8 rolls with 6 pieces each. Please discuss with the class host the exact ingredient needs if purchasing the optional kit.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
- Order ingredients online and have them delivered to your door.
Vegetable Hand Roll
With carrots, cucumbers, avocado and shiitake mushrooms
Miso Crab Salad
With cucumber, avocado, sake and optional sesame seeds
With imitation crab, cucumber, avocado, tuna and salmon
Spicy Tuna Roll
With cucumber, and kimchee sauce or Sriracha
Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated. Please mention this in the message field when you submit your booking request.
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size Public class sizes are between 4 to 20 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions. Private classes can accommodate up to 498 guests.
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Shipping Kit and items purchased will ship 10-14 days before your class.
- Labels Asian, Classes with Kits, Japanese, Pescatarian, Sushi Making
Japanese short grain sushi rice
4 oz raw tuna (red in color)
4 oz raw salmon
1 English cucumber
1 small carrot
2 cups shiitake mushrooms
1 small pack of miso paste (red or white)
Japanese kimchee base or spicy sauce of your choice
Small bottle of sake
Wasabi paste or powder (optional)
Pickled ginger (optional)
Bamboo sushi mat
Two cutting boards
Hand roll stand, optional
Prep Work Details
Other Online Cooking Class Experiences you may like
The Cozymeal Protection®