(Last revised on April 27th, 2022)
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, email address, username and password when you create an account to log in to our network.
- When you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users may be able to see it, along with your first name and first initial of your last name, profile photo and any other information that you choose to make public on your public profile page (“Profile”). Other users with whom you are connected via Facebook or the Services may also be able to see your full last name.
- If you will host an event (such as a dinner party), we may collect the address of the location where the event will be held, along with your phone number, in order to share this information with the attendees of your event. For example, if you, as a chef, will be hosting a dinner party, we may share the address where your dinner party will be held, along with your phone number, with those Guests who will be attending the event, so that they can contact you and attend the event. Likewise, if you are a Guest that will be hosting an event, we may share your phone number and the address of your event with the chef who will be cooking for you.
- We also collect payment information, including your name, credit/debit card information, and billing information, in order to make payments to the hosts of certain social events you attend.
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number and any other information you provide us when you create or book an Event and/or register for a Member Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post comments, reviews, testimonials or ratings on the product rating areas of our Site (“Reviews”), the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it. This information may also be shared with Facebook for posting on your Facebook wall or timeline.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- If you participate in a sweepstakes, contest or giveaway on our Site, we may ask you for your e-mail address and/or home number (to notify you if you win or not). We may also ask for first and last names, and sometimes post office addresses to verify your identity. In some situations we may need additional information as a part of the entry process, such as a prize selection choice. These sweepstakes and contests are voluntary. We recommend that you read the rules for each sweepstakes and contest that you enter.
- We may also collect personal information, such as at other points in our Site that state that personal information is being collected.
Information We Get from Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. As is true of most websites, we automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, and Internet protocol (IP) address.
- Web Beacons. We may log information using digital images called Web beacons on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to manage cookies, count visits, and to learn what marketing works and what does not. We also use Web Beacons to tell if you open or act on our emails.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information as follows
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- To send by email, telephone, text message or other means, information including confirmations, Event notices, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- To link or combine user information with other personal information.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- To provide and deliver products and services customers request.
- To operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- To process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- To respond to provide the services your request.
A key component of our Site are the ratings and reviews we collect from users regarding the Events and meals of others. When you post a review or rating, only your first name and the first initial of your last name will be viewable by general users of our Site. Please note, users with whom you have connected with via Facebook (“Your Friends”) may be able to see your full name and profile picture when you post a Review. If you post any Reviews on our Site, you should be aware that any personal information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these Reviews. We also often receive and collect testimonials and feedback regarding our Site. Personal information collected in testimonials or feedback may be shared with third parties and used in marketing materials.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information you provide to us will be held on our servers which may be in Canada and/or the United States. In addition, your personal information may be accessed by or given to our staff working outside Canada and/or to third parties including companies within the Cozymeal Canada Inc. (which means our subsidiaries and affiliates, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries and affiliates) who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes notified to you.
We may share personal information as described elsewhere in this Policy and as follows:
- We may share personal information with your consent.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws and to respond to lawful requests and legal processes- We may use the personal information that you provide to us if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any applicable legal obligation; or in order to enforce the Terms and any other agreement we have with you. This includes exchanging personal information with other companies and other organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention. We and our service providers may use or disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law or legal process. Your personal information may also be used or disclosed where necessary or desirable for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspect.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be publicly displayed in your Profile, such as your first name, first initial of your last name and profile picture by default. The Reviews you post to the Site are also meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Site and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put Personal Data in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
We provide access to or share your information with operations and maintenance contractors and other third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your information for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us, including billing, sales, marketing, product content and features, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
We know that members of our community value having control over their own information, so Cozymeal gives you the choice of providing, editing or removing certain information, as well as choices about how we contact you. You may change or correct your Cozymeal account information through your account settings. You may also remove certain optional information that you no longer wish to be publicly visible. In addition, our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information or by emailing at us. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information or delete your personal information from our Site.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. We take steps to help protect personal information. No company can fully prevent security risks, however. Mistakes may happen. Bad actors may defeat even the best safeguards.
Cozymeal Canada Inc.
439 University Avenue, 5th Floor
Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1Y8, Canada
Top of Form