Online Cooking Class - Japanese Temari Sushi
This class does not have dates listed right now. Find similar experiences below:
Michelin Star Italian Cuisine
Online Cooking Class $39
Next date: Sat, Sep 30th at 3:00PM
Spaghetti With Meatballs and Italian Wine
Online Cooking Class $39
Next date: Sun, Oct 1st at 11:30AM
Pajama Brunch With Mimosas and Pancakes
Online Cooking Class $29
Next date: Thu, Oct 19th at 5:00PM
During this live and interactive online cooking class with Chef Kumi, you will learn how to prepare Japanese temari sushi in your own kitchen. Also known as temarizushi, this ball-shaped variety of sushi is adorned with a variety of colorful toppings and often served on celebratory occasions in Japan. You can also look forward to learning how to prepare chawanmushi — a sophisticated and silky smooth Japanese steamed egg custard packed with umami flavor.
- Cooking class is fully interactive.
- Chef accompanies you throughout the entire process.
- Ask as many questions as you want!
With sake, kombu, Japanese rice vinegar, sugar and salt
Temari Sushi Toppings
With smoked salmon, prawns, crab sticks, avocado, cucumbers and lemon
With Japanese mayonnaise, lemon juice, wasabi, soy sauce and garlic
Chawan Mushi Soup
With egg, crab sticks, green onions, dashi, prawns and soy sauce
Most dietary restrictions can be accommodated if noted prior to the event. Please mention this in the message field when you submit your booking request as adjustments to recipes cannot be made during class.
- Recipes Recipe links are sent in your booking confirmation.
- Ingredients Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions or lack of availability and can be delivered by your preferred local grocer with the link below.
- Technology Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Use of video is optional.
- Class Size
- Event Duration 75 minutes
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Labels Asian, International Chefs, Japanese, Pescatarian, Sushi Making
Two-inch long kombu
Japanese rice wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
Cooked prawns without shells
Cucumber, preferably Japanese
Shiso leaves, optional
Fresh dill, chervil or chives
White sesame seeds
Pink pickled ginger, optional
18-20 cm cooking pot with lid
Cooking pot with lid or deep frying pan with lid
Preparation trays or plates
Small cups for serving soup, preferably ceramic
Peeler or mandolin slicer
Prep Work Details
Other Online Cooking Class Experiences you may like
The Cozymeal Protection®
We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.